Hydrosave were employed to project manage and install over 8,000 data loggers throughout the North West region of England. Existing loggers were replaced and new installations tested remotely prior to leaving each site. Loggers were set to record at 15 minute intervals and send data 96 times per day.
Signal strengths in rural locations, traffic management, access to water company sites and limited detail of existing logger locations.
- Installation programme extended from 6 – 12 months.
- Operability performance improved.
- Loggers installed had 2 way communication facilities enabling logging intervals to be reset for more detailed water operations investigations.
- Loggers online developed for use by UU to raise maintenance projects and track KPIs.
- End to end remote logger testing established with Halma Water Management.
- End to end maintenance software established with United Utilities
- Maintenance contract awarded for 5-10 years.